By AndreaM on Jun 15, 2010 in July 1 - July 14, Kelty: Child Carrier Frame, featured
I am so excited to be working with Kelty again! Back in January I was fortunate enough to be able to review Kelty’s Speedster Swivel Deluxe Stroller (click here to read full review) and is has become my go-to stroller. When I contacted Kelty explaining about our blog anniversary they generously offered a really great item for 2 lucky winners (the winner from this post and the grand prize winner)- the FC 3.0 Frame Child Carrier:
For avid backpackers and hikers, the Kelty FC 3.0 Frame child carrier is a must-have for year-round family adventures.
- Auto-deploy kickstand is internally spring-loaded (no bungees) for smooth deployment and retraction; no-pinch hinges help keep little fingers safe
- 5-point, adjustable harness system is anchored directly to frame and features an easy-to-use central tensioning system similar to car seats
- Curved, molded foam shoulder straps with load-lifter straps, sternum strap and 2-layer contoured padded hipbelt evenly distribute load
- Padded, molded back panel with sliding torso-length adjustment allows easy fitting changes between short and tall parents
- Padded, removable and washable cockpit offers a reclined position, allowing child to sit naturally and comfortably
- Double-hook seat height adjustment is fast and easy to change
- Included sun/rain hood protects your little one from the elements and also helps guard against unruly bushes and branches
- Removable diaper pack with shoulder strap lets you bring along toys and essentials
- Under-seat storage compartment accommodates more diapers, toys, snacks and change of clothes—enough for a day’s outing
- Includes changing pad for those unexpected diaper changes while on the go
- The Kelty FC 3.0 Frame child carrier also features hipbelt storage pockets for small essentials for mom and dad and toy loop attachment points for the little one
- 3M reflective tape accents provides 360° of visibility
- Manufacturer recommends a maximum weight limit of 50 lbs. for child and gear
- Made from durable 600-denier polyester and brushed nylon
- Requirements for your child:
- Your child must be capable of holding their head upright and sitting up by themselves. Usually a child older than 6 months is able to do this. It is a good idea to ask your pediatrician if they think your child is ready to ride in a child carrier.
I’m telling you if my 2 year old wasn’t the chunker that he is I would be all over this child carrier. Speaking from experience I can tell you that Kelty’s products are high quality, durable, and a true pleasure to use. I would recommend the Kelty brand to any parent I meet.
Win it:I have great news for you because one lucky MommyPR reader is going to win their own Kelty FC 3.0 Frame Child Carrier (retail value $249.95)
Grand Prize Winner: Thanks to our generous friend at Kelty, our anniversary party grand prize winner will also win a Kelty FC 3.0 Frame Child Carrier! (see grand prize post to enter)